When it comes to worldwide obsessions, fashion is on the top. Fashion goes beyond practical clothes or everyday combinations. It is a way to express yourself (your personal style) without saying a word.
Being on the top, fashion is a huge industry, meaning you are going to face some competition. In this article, we will reveal techniques for social media promotion and marketing to sell clothes online and maximize your success.
Make a Splash on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
The fashion industry is built on the concept that aesthetic is everything. Today, it is more reliant on visuals because the social networks have released a new obsession with images and visual content.
Social media allows fashionable brands to showcase their products in a visually appealing way and interact with their customers at the same time. Social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter help to support fashion-related buzz with one click of a button.
For blossoming businesses and major brands, it is no secret that social media is a necessity to promote products and engage customers to a larger audience.
Social media is also a key factor in buying decisions. More than 70% of customers say they are more likely to buy a product based on social media comments and referrals.
Advantages of establishing a presence on social media:
- Drives traffic to websites
- Increased brand loyalty
- Promotes good customer service
- Provides more conversion opportunities
- Increased customer engagement
- Allows brands to promote products to a wider audience
Dedicating 15-20 minutes per day to managing social media accounts can do wonders. Try using these practices for even better results.
- Respond to comments in a timely manner
- Be personal and tailor your message to your audience
- Expose the begin-the-scenes aspect of your niche or industry
- Create and post images, graphics, and videos
- Conduct unique contests
- Promote discounts and giveaways in social media advertisements
- Listen to your customer feedback
- Post information relevant to your target group
- Save time by scheduling your posts ahead
Design a Fashion-Forward Website
In the apparel industry, appearance is everything. It is essential to make smart design choices for your store.
It is important to use professional and large photography when you are selling clothes online. Visually showcasing the newest products and styles will entice your visitors to shop further into the website. If it is necessary, hire a professional photographer to provide high-quality images of your products.
Keeping a clean design will draw attention to your products. A minimalist approach provides you with more options. As collections and seasons change, you can update the images without worrying about ruining the minimal, clean look.
Another thing to pay attention to is the navigation structure. It is important to keep the navigation structure as easy as possible to use. You need to make sure the category names are to the point. Take a look at other stores and see what works for them.
Target Seasonal & Long-Tail Keywords with SEO
If you are running a clothing store online, you know that SEO is crucial to achieving long-term success. However, you may not realize that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for clothing stores can be different from other industries.
Here are a few practices to help your online store sell more apparel:
- Keyword research: With so many sellers and popular stores with huge marketing budgets, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. One search query on Google is a perfect example of the competition for short-tail keywords. No matter how great your SEO may be, you will never be able to compete with the reliability and size the larger stores have. Diversifying with long-tail keywords and more descriptive terms may connect you with your audience. When you start your keyword research, start with your homepage, move into category pages, and down to purchase. The keywords chosen should be descriptive of what is on your page, ensuring your customers will be satisfied when they arrive.
- Product optimization: Optimizing your products and categories is very important. Although it is time-consuming, you must add title tags, meta descriptions, product descriptions, etc. when uploading a new product. This will increase your chances of appearing in Google search results.
PPC for The Apparel Industry
Selling apparel through text-based ads can seem boring, but with the right marketing strategy of clothing industry, selling through PPS ads can be easy and simple,
The use of the right keywords can set your store apart. When choosing keywords, make sure to be descriptive, bid on brands, and stay away from broad terms.
Taking advantage of negative keywords is a must-do when it comes to PPC strategy. When selecting negative keywords make sure to add keywords for sizes that are not available on your store and negate bix box stores.
PPC ads are the first impression of your business for the online searcher. You need to create a great first impression by using powerful CTAs to help your ad stand out. Calls to action are important to include in your marketing and advertising efforts.
Conversion optimization is vital for all ecommerce websites, regardless of the target audience or industry. It is best that you are clear on the goals, company, and where to proceed to the next.
There are a few tips you can use to catapult your fashion brand as a front runner:
- Your product photos are your time to shine. Make sure the photo quality is high-resolution.
- Encourage customers to share. WOM marketing (Word-of-mouth marketing) is one of the best ways to get free exposure.
- Provide enough details to build confidence. Make sure to provide your customers with detailed and unique product descriptions that include style details, dimensions, washing instructions, and fiber content. Other things you do is providing them style guides so they can start imagining how they are going to wear your clothes and combine them with the current wardrobe.
Fashion and ecommerce are the perfect match, it just takes the right strategy to make your business successful.